Please note that as of 26/06/17,
- Urgent prescription requests need to be completed in full and handed to reception on the urgent prescription request form or can be ordered via your pharmacy.
- If your request is accepted, the prescription will be ready for you to collect after 5:30pm on the same day from reception, to take to your local pharmacy.
- Please note that if your review of medicines is overdue it is possible that only 7 days worth on medication may be issued until all the necessary tests are done.
- To help us provide an efficient service to all of our patients and to manage our large volume of prescription requests, please could you remember to request your medications when you have one week of medications remaining.
Please note the following medications are not usually regarded as being urgent:
- Hayfever medicines – antihistamines and nasal sprays can be purchased from a pharmacy).
- Thrush treatments – can buy from a pharmacy.
- Moisturisers – such as E45, diprobase, doublebase.
- Calcium or vitamin tablets – no problems if you miss a few days of these.
- Paracetamol – can buy a few tablets until your prescription is ready.
- HRT – it is ok to miss a couple of days.
- Statins for cholesterol – it is ok to miss a couple of days.